Model Home Renovation Agreement Cecil Lee Cecil Lee firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE AND CREDIT: TODAY ON SUNDAY APRIL 8, 2012
Consumer Association of Singapore
Case tips on dealing with contractors
- check licenses, accrediation and credintials of firms. (List of accredited CaseTrust contractors: http://www.case.org.sg/casetrust4.htm )
- Request quotations from more than one design firm
- Go through with designer the proposed desings and project schedules.
- Vet thoroughly the colour shemes, materials and dimensions and not just the colour schemes.
- Take note of the capabilities of the contractor that the interior designers are engaging to carry out their works.
- The contract should reflect clear itemised billing and listing of products and services. Also, work out a schedule with clear deadlines. (For model agreements on home renovation: (http://www.case.org.sg/downloads/buffet/model_renovation.pdf)
- Payment should be made progressively.
Do not make full payment upfront.
- Document and take photos of outstanding defects in case of disputes.
- Consumers with unresolved disputes can seek CASE's assistance or file a claim at the Small Claims tribunal.
- Check out also the Building and Construction Authority's Good Industry Practises Guidelines at www.bca.gov.sg/Publications/EnhancementSeries/enhancement-series.html