About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Sleeping below beam is bad Feng Shui

myfs_142177

Dear Cecil,

I was told sleeping below a beam is bad fengshui.

1)Many walls in the HDBrooms actually have a protruding area on the top. Is that considered as a beam?

2) Assuming it is a beam,I did a small renovation recentlyto have a half fake wall done, and then place my bed against the half fake wall.(Please see attached image) I thought that would makemy headboardaway from the beam. However, after much thought, I started to worrythat the fake half wall is now considered as my bed headboard and as such, I am still sleeping under the beam.

3) Am I still considered to be sleeping against a solid wall? Do I need any cures? Can you please advise?

My kua number is 4. I am a single female.

Thank you very much.

Cadence

Sponsored Link

• Staff

1. Frankly, it is more physiological or in the mind then being below an actual beam.

2. It is true that many HDB flats have a similar indent as shown in your picture. But imagine this, by the time our head is placed on a pillow, it is or definitely away from this small overhead beam.

3. For example, many beds have a bed-head. And a bed-head is often at least 1 to 3 inches thick. And if we consider the pillow, our head will never be belong such a "beam". So frankly, no worries, here.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

1. Please see attachment.

2. Marking in RED "A' is an actual beam. And in Chinese metaphyics, this beam can exert negative qi downards to the ground.

3. See marking GREEN "B". The overhead support has it's load transferred to the side wall. Thus, it should not be considered as a beam as defined under Para 2, above that caused sha qi.

Note: While it is true that both marking A and B are supported by horiziontal support ceiling; marking B unlike A is also supported by vertical or side wall. And the main load is forced down towards the side-wall.