About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Mirror behind the stove

bercardor

Hi Cecil
If one cooks with the back facing the kitchen door (stove facing the door), one should place a mirror behind the stove. IS this true? I saw two different theories from two fengshui teacher which makes me confused.
One of them said should put the mirror so that we double the food (will improve wealth) and also the person who cook can see who's coming into the kitchen.
But the other fengshui teacher warned not to put mirror as the mirror will double the fire instead of food and this will caused accident , hot temper etc to the people in the house.
Which is correct?
Thanks

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,
Please see below:-

On 12/15/99 1:26:50 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Hi Cecil
If one cooks with the back
facing the kitchen door (stove
facing the door), one should
place a mirror behind the
stove. IS this true? I saw two
different theories from two
fengshui teacher which makes
me confused.
One of them said should put
the mirror so that we double
the food (will improve wealth)
and also the person who cook
can see who's coming into the
kitchen.
But the other fengshui teacher
warned not to put mirror as
the mirror will double the
fire instead of food and this
will caused accident , hot
temper etc to the people in
the house.
Which is correct?

1. Yes, I agree with you. There is indeed a controversy amongst Feng Shui practitioners on this matter.
2. Usually, in my opinion, it is best not to place a mirror based on the premise that if it ain't broken don't fix it.
3. From what I have observed, most often, it is the Cantonese dialect Feng Shui practitioners who use mirrors especially at the dining room.
4. The rationale why some Feng Shui practitioners advise not to use a mirror is because it also depends on the location of the kitchen.
For example, if the kitchen is at the South of the house. South represents the Fire element. Here, you can understand that one should not further induce "Fire" or a mirror as it will symbollically double the "heat" at the location.
Contrast this with the kitchen at the North representing the water element. Here, it is acceptable to introduce the mirror, but consult a FS practitioner first.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net