About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Finding the Centerpoint

nonanin

Hi Master Cecil

I was wondering if you could help me on how to find the centerpoint of my house. I read the instructions on the site but don't really understand the option for finding the center of gravity when there are multiple stories but each floor doesn't really match the perimeter of the floors above it.

I live in a three story duplex townhouse which faces NE3 (52.5-67.5) and is period 7

The building itself is a rectangular block but the lower 2 floors are shared with my neighbor:

1st floor - only small foyer and garage belong to me, the majority of the area belongs to my neighbor (outlined with dashes)

2nd floor - living dining kitchen -- about half the area belongs to me, the other half abuts my neighbor.

3rd floor - 2 bedrooms and a loft which overlooks the living room. All of this floor belongs to me.

I've enclosed the floor plan and marked in green crossing lines where I think the center point is. Can you pls confirm if i'm doing this correctly?

Thanks

Question on Centerpoint.pdf

Edited by nonanin

Sponsored Link

• Staff

In this sample illustration, the ground floor or living room area is large. Similar to your layout out. And this area is the largest piece of "real estate":-5a7ccc31e1825_Samplegroundfloor.thumb.png.3896e6810764799a6ea8c65a2343e97a.png

The 2nd level and 3rd level of this example is also full sized similar in area as above, thus I am not showing them.

However, the attic has a smaller area and many VOID areas:-

5a7ccc867d8e5_Sampleattic.thumb.png.d590f91562ee2bfe74c2da855bf5e1b5.png

In the above illustration, I still super-impose the centerpoint of the ground floor to this attic.

What is the purpose of this method?

Such that all levels share have the same compass bearings. For example, the South compass marking on this PIE chart matches that of the ground floor at the same level and location or sector.

Frankly, there are other geomancers who may advice one to plot a Flying Star chart for each of your layout by ploting a separate centre-point for each of your three layout plans. It is a matter of how you have to later interpret or how practical to apply cures or enhancements. And please, don't ask me how to use this. As the principle is the same / techniques are the same. The main difference is that the sectors may not be the same as what I proposed.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net