About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

What are the top 3 positions for placing a wall clock?

blubugs

Hi Master Cecil, I have read quite extensively (on internet and on this forum) on position for wall clock but still have some doubts - e.g. I know it is inauspicious to put clock on top of a door but some sources say clock should NOT look inwards into bedroom while others say clock should NOT face a window etc.  

Can you see attached floor plan of my living room (windows facing north east direction) and let me know which position (in red) is the best to place a wall clock? 

A - behind dining table but may be looking inwards into the bedrooms

B- beside altar but looking out to the windows

C-beside a wall to kitchen

Note - the position of altar can be changed as well but after reading your advice extensively on this forum, I feel this is the best position - pls let me know if this is not the case. 

LR clock.jpg

Sponsored Link

• Staff

This is a well-known Chinese prohibition [or taboo]

1. The positioning of a clock holds greater significance in relation to symbolism and the Chinese culture, rather than other ethnicities.

1375778212_symbolismofaclock.png.8252ede64f3a08e174a55fb62dbbef21.png

1.1. In Chinese culture, receiving a clock as a gift for a home is considered to be bad luck.

1.2. Placing a clock facing the main door or towards a person is also seen as inauspicious in Chinese culture.

1.3. This practice is considered to be inauspicious under the symbolism of Chinese culture.

2. The other reason, not mentioned in the previous paragraph, is based on common sense.

2.1. According to some Feng Shui masters, it is advised not to hang a clock above a door, passageway, or above the entrance to a bedroom.

2.2. The rationale behind this advice is the potential danger of the clock falling and causing harm to someone.

2.3. If the clock has a glass surface, it may crack and pose a danger, even if it is made of non-tempered glass.

3. When considering the placement of a clock:

3.1. It is best to avoid placing a clock at location B, as the sound of a ticking clock may be considered irritating to the gods in Chinese culture.

3.2. Location A is a suitable option as it is not directly in view of the passageway.

3.3. Location C is acceptable, but one should consider the potential danger mentioned in paragraph 2.2 if the clock were to fall.

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Good morning master lee, does hanging a wall clock have fengshui? I need to put a wall clock in the living room. Or i could hang it facing the bedroom walkways beside the atlar ?

Reply: Not facing walkway leading into bedrooms. Avoid facing the main door. Avoid facing altar or above it. Or above the passageway ceiling before entering the bedroom.The rest is ok

041D7415-6806-46DD-8918-C15D04E907FD.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Good morning master lee, does hanging a wall clock have fengshui? I need to put a wall clock in the living room. Or i could hang it facing the bedroom walkways beside the atlar ?

Reply: Not facing walkway leading into bedrooms. Avoid facing the main door. Avoid facing altar or above it. Or above the passageway ceiling before entering the bedroom.The rest is ok

741774B1-D5E8-4C8B-962E-091CA511A6B7.png

• 3 years later...
  • Staff

Master Lee, we move in to our new house at [hidden] already. Can I seek your advise on any location to avoid in putting this simple clock ?

Avoid facing the front door, corridor facing the passageway to the bedrooms or above the passageway beam leading into the bedrooms. Or directly facing the front door.

Otherwise, no issue.

2B8444EC-ED54-4A28-B823-C7FC079216FD.png

07844A0F-1DA3-44E6-A10B-97ADD06011B3.jpeg

• Cecil Lee changed the title to What are the top 3 positions for placing a wall clock?
  • 2 weeks later...