About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

What to do about a glass entry to a North - South house?

Zuzulisa

I am new to Feng Shui, although I am not new to the intuitive. My boyfriend is a tiger born 9/9/1938 and his house is constructed so
as to permit entry from the south. The entry door has a glass window and a frosted glass rectangle on one side filling the space between the door and the entry wall. I was told that this glass permits money to leave the house. How can I cure this without changing or filling in the glass. My boyfriend will not permit replacement with a solid door and wall space. Please advise as soon as possible. Sincerely, Lyndha Evensen
(Zuzulisa@excite.com)

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Lyndha,
1. I understand your concern. Some Feng Shui practitioners believe that the front door should be `solid' and not see thru.
2. Alhough there is some truth in this, most houses do continue to have a solid door.
3. It is hard to generalise what is a solid and what is a `weak' door. But generally, in my opinion, it is still acceptable to have frosted glass on the door as one still retains `privacy' and does not allow anyone to peep thru the main door.
4. For the above, we can see that there can be two `camps' those who insists that doors must be `solid' (not glass etc..)
5. There are those who, would believe that it is either a non-issue or of secondary importance. Here, the effect of the frosted glass would make the house (interior) more Yang and vibrant especially if it is at a location where the house is aligned North to South. Light gets filtered through.
6. If the door faces West, light would filter in the afternoon especially if there are no buildings/trees etc.. blocking it. The door facing East is ok, as only the morning sun filters in.
7. So based the above, the effect is closely related to Yin and Yang (making the area inside the door location either more Yang with the glass door - provided it is at certain compass directions) or if a `solid' door, yin (darker area).
8. Other than the above, one cannot therefore say that it is less auspicious to have a `glass' panel door. Here it is based on each of our opinions.
9. The more scientific method under Feng Shui is to use the Flying Star (birth chart of the house) to analyse e.g. the main door entrance to see if it is auspicious or inauspicious. Or whether the elements at the location are in balance.
This is a more proper way to look at the issue.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 1/17/00 3:21:18 AM, Anonymous wrote:
I am new to Feng Shui,
although I am not new to the
intuitive. My boyfriend is a
tiger born 9/9/1938 and his
house is constructed so
as to permit entry from the
south. The entry door has a
glass window and a frosted
glass rectangle on one side