About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

The purpose of hanging windchimes

wasis

Dear Cecil,
I'd like to know the purpose of hanging windchimes. From your last message, you wrote
it was used to cure. However, I've heard it can be used to attract fame and
popularity also. From a book I read, it should be hanged above a cashier register to
bring luck for a business. If it can bring luck also, at where sector of the house we
should hang one? And what kind of windchimes should be used?
My second question is how to deflect poison arrows caused by overhead beams. Thank
you.
Regards,
Wasis

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Wasis,
In my opinion, if one is applying Flying Star Feng Shui:
1. `Water stars' are suppose to bring Wealth if correctly activated.
Therefore, water if applied correctly should help the water sectors grow i.e. wealthly. More effective for open space e.g. outside the frontage of the house.
And inside the house, e.g. in the living room make it more `fluid' by having clear space there.
2. Therefore the `clue' here is the effective activation of the water star elements.
3. Many books would suggest the ever popular commercial use of " 3 coins " and place this e.g. in the accounts books etc...
There is even (today) a Feng Shui `emporium' which shows a huge picture of this at their `ENTER' here page.
The above are just `gimmicks' or sales pitch. And should be considered as `just beliefs'. If one has the money go out and buy them.
4. Coming to your question of wind chimes:
Here, a good grounding of the fundamentals of the Five Elements concept plays a part.
In fact, any question relating to the hypothesis of whether an object e.g. a metallic wind chime can be used has to do with the Five Elements Concept.
5. Let me share with you why this is so:
If one understands Flying Star Feng Shui correctly, water stars are usually locations with METAL elements. And thus, we want to enhance these metal elements with WATER.
Where water (true water) is beneficial to these water stars (Metal elements).
Since, we need water to enhance METAL (water stars); then it makes more sense to apply real water to it. And not add metal to metal e.g. add a metal wind chime to a metal position.
Frankly, so far, I have yet come across a windchime made of "WATER". If you asked me which element to use, naturally, to be effective to activate water stars (metal elements); water need to be use.
Perhaps, one can start to paint an entire wind chime blue/black or grey. Ultimately, it is more effective to use water here. I am really not sure how ugly a black windchime looks.
6. For overhead beams:
6.1 It does not matter any more if one does not sit under a overhead beam.
Here, lets say our home has 3 beams. If one really do not sit under it, there is no issue to how many beams there are in the home.
6.2. On the contrary, if the home is `littered' and every other segment has beams, then, in effect, the Sha qi (rather than call it poison arrow) is negated. Ineffective.
6.3 Again, the `cure' for a beam DEPENDS on the material.
For example, if it is a concrete beam than two bamboo flutes are used here.
If it is a wooden beam: 6 metal coins are placed on it. Some may find e.g. 6 metal stars as an equivalent or 6 round disks.
7. In fact, everything with regards to the `authencity' and use of Feng Shui can be if properly analysed - will use the Five Elements Concept.
Otherwise, placing a wind chime without relation to e.g. the sector and the notion that it will bring one luck... may be questionable. This is how, many book authors perhaps, make tons of money selling them.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 1/10/2002 10:42:20 PM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil,
I'd like to know the purpose
of hanging windchimes. From
your last message, you wrote
it was used to cure. However,
I've heard it can be used to
attract fame and
popularity also. From a book I
read, it should be hanged
above a cashier register to
bring luck for a business. If
it can bring luck also, at
where sector of the house we
should hang one? And what kind
of windchimes should be used?
My second question is how to
deflect poison arrows caused
by overhead beams. Thank
you.
Regards,
Wasis

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• Staff

Dear Wasis,
Further to what I mentioned earlier:
1. If one applies or simply use metal e.g. metal wind chimes; metal elements are a common cure used.
2. Thus, it could be that by coincidence, that particular sector e.g. at the cashier's need metal element there.
3. There was a time, where the old antique cash counters are really made of metal e.g. the old popular NCR metal cash registers.
4. Metal, or the sound of metal, is still overall (in general) a good element to use.
5. Thus, if the sector has bad stars especially combinations of #5 and #2 and #5 and #3, then, it would indeed be a blessing.
6. Again, one may be lucky as most of the time the combinations or imbalances are due to the numbers under Para 5. Or if the sector is neutral or no problems; metal, is still relatively safe.
And therefore, for those who too recommendations from the book, may perhaps be pretty lucky.
7. For those, who are not lucky where unfortunately there is a combination of #2 and #3 at a specific sector that "demands' quiet" especially for those who are in politics, if one accidentally activate #2 and #3 - then one will be in for `hell of a bad' time in gossips or leading to legal entanglements.
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

• Staff

Dear Anon,
Try to check whether, your room door faces your daughter's main door.
There is not much harm trying (especially with metal element). But usually a relationship between family members is/was shaped years back.
And if there were previous conficts (misunderstanding or mistrust); then in my opinion, a relationship of trust, etc.. may be more fruitful. Alternatively, if there is a `third' party or an elder person with whom your daughter trusts, then, perhaps, you can see how best to approach this issue.
If the issue continues to deteoriate, then, the last result is to find any organisations (counsellors) to provide an objective view and seek reasoning. However, the saying goes " blood " is always thicker than water. I truly hope that you will soon resolve your personal conflict. There is nothing better than a family - togetherness.
Wishing you all the Best!
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 1/16/2002 1:28:00 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Cecil
Can it be used to ease family
conflicts such as
mother-daughter conflict? If
not, what else can be used to
create peace and harmony
within a family?

Dear Cecil,
My bedroom door is not facing my mom's door. In this case, can I hang or place anything in my bedroom so that my mom doesn't get angry with me so easily?
BTW, she only gets angry or furious with me and not with other 3 children. I'm the 2nd daughter, with an elder sister and 2 younger brothers. I think it's the Chinese culture where the second daughter is born to be hated.
My last hope is Feng Shui. Please advise.