About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Kindly provide recommendations on the optimal positioning of my air conditioning unit to promote positive Fengshui. Could you also advise on best practices and potential pitfalls to steer clear of? Your guidance is greatly appreciated.

myfs_93639

Dear Master Cecil Lee,
i just bought a new 5-rooms flat in woodlands and intending to install system 4 air-con for my flat. One in the Living Room, one in the Dining area, one on the master bedroom and the other one in the other room. Which location should i fix my air-con? what are the do's & don'ts? Please advise, thanks!
Regards,
Veronica

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Veronica,
1. Regardless of the situation, it is essential for an air conditioner to have the most direct path to two key areas:
1.1. the outdoor compressor unit or the balcony where the compressor is located
1.2. a way to channel condensed water to the nearest bathroom for drainage.
2. Opting for the shortest route is advisable because, over time (typically 2 years or more, depending on usage and environment), the drainage pipes of the air conditioner can become blocked by dust, similar to how arteries can become clogged.
3. A shorter route means less piping required for both the refrigerant gas and drainage.
4. In terms of Feng Shui, it is recommended to avoid having the air conditioner's fan coil directly above one's head for two main reasons:
4.1. The air conditioner unit may protrude outwards, which can create discomfort for some individuals, resembling a beam above the head or bed (if the bed is positioned close to the wall). In such cases, adjusting the bed position may be necessary, although not ideal.
4.2. After a few hours of operation, the cold air from the air conditioner tends to sink downwards, leading to discomfort as the cold air blows directly towards the face. This may not be suitable for most people, especially during late hours. This setup might be more suitable for individuals accustomed to cold climates like Eskimos or residents of Siberia.
5. Ideally, the air conditioner should blow air sideways to avoid direct airflow towards the face, particularly since the face contains sensitive organs like the nose and mouth.
6. If placing the air conditioner at the side of the bed is not feasible, the next best option is to position it opposite the bed, especially if the walls are spacious.
7. Following a common-sense approach, some individuals prefer to install the air conditioner above the room's doors. This practice was common in many condominiums in the past as it helps save wall space.
8. For instance, positioned above the bedroom entrance, it does not occupy any additional space.
9. This is particularly evident in the newly constructed two-bedroom condos. This is due to the mandatory "Household Shelter" (bomb shelter); a significant portion of this shelter encroaches on the rest of the living space. In reality, some two-bedroom condos resemble more of a "prison" or detention cell. It is possible that some of these cells could even be larger! (by Silence of the Lamb's standards!)
10. Finally, it is advisable to avoid placing it directly above the toilet door, such as in the master bedroom. Once again, in my view, this is a matter of a "Commonsense approach". Even when we close the toilet door, cold air tends to sink to the floor. Additionally, many toilet doors have gaps at the bottom. Consequently, this air may seep into the toilet, creating a "low pressure zone" just outside the door, leading to the entry of toilet air into the room.
11. Regarding the use of air conditioning, affluent individuals can opt for air conditioning as it aids in air circulation within the household. For those with limited financial resources, a ceiling fan or floor fan may be considered. Those on a very tight budget can resort to using a paper or cloth handheld fan and utilize their own energy for fanning. For individuals with no budget at all, they may contemplate the possibility of nearby banks opening a branch (with automated machines). In such a scenario, if the CCTV cameras are not operational, why not attempt sleeping in these lobbies? :)
|
Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 11/3/2003 5:33:31 AM, Anonymous wrote:
Dear Master Cecil Lee,
i just bought a new 5-rooms
flat in woodlands and
intending to install system 4
air-con for my flat. One in
the Living Room, one in the
Dining area, one on the master
bedroom and the other one in
the other room. Which location
should i fix my air-con? what
are the do's & don'ts? Please
advise, thanks!
Regards,
Veronica

Master Cecil Lee, Geomancy.Net

• 16 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Staff

The air conditioning layout and piping are acceptable? According to Feng Shui principles, it is best if they are not positioned directly above the head of the bed. We have previously addressed this issue, and it closely resembles the designs in the options I presented.

It is also common sense to avoid placing the air conditioning above a table where water could potentially drip onto electrical equipment.

Apart from these considerations, the positioning of the air conditioning has no real relevance to Feng Shui.

EB872884-4A9A-4DCC-B4A2-FEB131DC8D73.thumb.png.28e320fd4239cf9e5c8dc539afed04a9.png

• Cecil Lee changed the title to Kindly provide recommendations on the optimal positioning of my air conditioning unit to promote positive Fengshui. Could you also advise on best practices and potential pitfalls to steer clear of? Your guidance is greatly appreciated.
  • Staff

image.thumb.png.bdf664d761fa1e09a7f05c3ef0b7b8ad.png

D.I.Y. House Hunting Kit:

Success starts with good Feng Shui

367287073_HEALTHWEALTHANDHAPPINESS50.png.03992f40f00dc4cd5e9453963bf0fa6c.png
Transparent Pricing & No Hidden Costs. No Purchase of Products.

WHATSAPPx.gif.933b1f171b62310142ae17b5501fc685.gif Cecil Lee, +65 9785-3171 / support@geomancy.net

1861277562_UNDERSTANDINGMICRO.png.891959f03ef51f98ac6911212f3b30ed.png

House Hunting? We will help you select the most auspicious unit!

image.thumb.png.286b0412312152330ebc65aefb231f73.png

Learn More
696681019_geoamncysgicon.png.fb8c9b974fb87d32583cae8b9c22b372.png

The Experts in House Hunting

ALL ELSE

image.jpeg.23d3d33cbecddf279491b1a96e613218.jpeg

KEEP CALM AND LET CECIL HANDLE IT