About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

The best time to build a house

myfs_102455

Dear Sir:

I found the article that mentioned that the best month to start building a house would be the Earth months.For example, August 23-September 22, April 19-May 20. The article warns about building a house during the Water periods.

Please, comment on this statement.

With respect,

Elena.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Elena,

1. Since Period 8 is "reign" by earth element, most likely the article, applys the Five elements concept to relate seasons (months/dates) to the element for the year.

2. Reference:
http://www.geomancy.net/resources/theories/fs-5element.htm

3. Under the above link, please see the destructive cycle: where

4. Earth is exhausted by water

5. The article applies the idea that the water element is not favourable to Earth element e.g. Earth Period since under the destructive cycle, earth is exhausted by water. Thus, it would be inauspicious.

6. If we follow the same guideline, in the same token,the article should article perhaps indicate that wood months may not be favourable since wood destroys or crush earth.

7. However, in my personal opinion, such articles may not seem to be practical in application.

8. It is so easy to give such an advise. But since for example 23 Aug to 22 September or 19 April to 20 May would seem quite a long time!

9. The adage here or in my opinion, such advise can be damaging to some as it may hold up work or costs lots of money. This is because, no planning can be that perfect.

10. Here, I often pose this question especially for home owners: " YOU STAY HERE, WE DON"T ".

11. It is so easy to come up with a lengthly STOP WORK ORDER OR NO GO ORDER but, you are not the one bearing the costs or responsibility.

12. The rationale is because, even in a YEAR, there are MONTHS. Even in months, there are days.

13. Thus, even in a month, we also have " Earth element days " etc..

14. In my opinion, it is much more feasible to find a day that does not have say a Water element or strong water element or even strong wood day.

15. What could be worse is an "Earth Element" month, but the day chosen is a e.g. "Water element day!".

16. Frankly, Feng Shui or even selection of auspicious dates have more to do with commonsense rather than "Ideals" that costs money.

17. In my opinion, the saying goes "talk is cheap". But something else,MUST give.

Warmest Regards,
Cecil

On 5/8/2004 11:14:11 AM, Anonymous wrote:

Dear Sir:

I found the article that

mentioned that the best month

to start building a house

would be the Earth months.For

example, August 23-September

22, April 19-May 20. The

article warns about building a

house during the Water