About Feng Shui at Geomancy.Net
Sponsored Link

Facing / Sitting Direction - high floor

myfs_128385

Dear Master Cecil

I have a small Qnregardingfacing/sitting direction of a flatand hope you can help me with it. I' ve been reading the advices posted in your forum and yet concluded how to look at my flat facing. fficeffice" />

My husband and I are both EAST person (Kua 3 and 4). Currently I am living on the 19th flr, My main door faces directly at my neighbour?s main door. My main door direction is SE, thus can I consider my facing direction as SE and sitting direction as NW. My balcony faces West. Is sort orientation bad for us? Is it too late to engage a fengshui master like you to change our orientation?

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Link

• Staff

Dear Anon,

Anonymous wrote:
My husband and I are both EAST person (Kua 3 and 4). Currently I am living on the 19th flr, My main door faces directly at my neighbour?s main door. My main door direction is SE, thus can I consider my facing direction as SE and sitting direction as NW. My balcony faces West. Is sort orientation bad for us? Is it too late to engage a fengshui master like you to change our orientation? src='http://www.geomancy.net/wbimages/smiles/icon_surprised.gif' width=15
height=15 border=0>fficesrc='http://www.geomancy.net/wbimages/smiles/icon_surprised.gif' width=15
height=15 border=0>ffice" />

Here the guideline for the house facing:-

Apartment (2nd-7th level) - You take the main door.

Apartment (8th level and up) - You take the living room/balcony facing or where most light enters into the house.

Landed Property - You take the facing of the entire house or where the frontage of thehouse islocated.

Given that your house is on the 19th floor, the facing direction would be your living room/balcony facing direction or where most light enters into the house. Which means your house is more a West facing house. So even though your main door is facing SE, your house is still considered a West facing house under the feng shui definition.

Generally, once you bought a house, it will be hard to change the orientiation. That is why choosing a suitable house is very important, as there is very little you can do to change the facing suitability after you bought it.

You can only try to fix up any leaks inthe house and maximise whateverluck of the house though colour scheme/furniture layout after you have bought it through a feng shui review. However, a feng shui review will not be able to change your facing or suitability aspects.

Hope that helps.

Warmest Regards
Robert Lee
GEOMANCY.NET - Center for Applied Feng Shui Research